Saturday, April 01, 2006

Warning: defiled yarn

I ran out of handspun yarn for the rug, so I picked up the baby cardigan, and kept on reading. Let me remind you, this is boucle yarn, full of little swirls and loops that get tangled with themselves all the time.  So if you make a mistake and have to rip back a few rows....

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


...you get snarls. And if you pull the snarls you get an ugly mess. And if you pull the ugly mess gently, little by little you eventually get your boucle yarn free from itself. Only it's changed. As in "defaced":

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


So I'm breaking yarn and joining a new strand. No big deal. Picking up those stitches is going to be a different story.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't stand working with boucle yarn for that very reason.

Sandra said...

Never worked with boucle yarn! But had similar problem with mohair - I have almost finished hat and at the very end made some mistake! Wa sooo pissed off I thrown it away!

Stacie said...

I hate it when that happens! gr!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...