Monday, April 10, 2006

I said it was a small sample


I keep forgetting that unspun fiber looks bigger than the yarn you get from it.  I made a single ply alternating the black shetland with the fiber sample that came with my spindle (called California red roving, though it is cream colored). Then I Navajo plied the single and got this little ball of yarn. I am very pleased with the color separation. Regular plying would have muddled the colors.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


If I use it for the doggy rug, it's probably worth no more than three or four rows. This is the doggy rug so far:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Any suggestions on what stitch to use for three rows using my two colored yarn? Maybe I shouldn't even bother, but I cannot think of anything else that could be done with this little sample.

Diane asked me the name of the pooch. It sounds very similar to "cows", though it is actually Chaos, in Spanish (spelled Caos). When people ask, I always tell them the name is "Cows". Which is, at least phonetically, the name he responds to, even if it means a different thing.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hacijenda is our little cottage, very near attic we are living! It has quite a land around with small playground for kids (sometimes adults use it, like sis and me), fruit trees and little soil for my gardening (under construction)!

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, what stitch to use... Moss stitch might look nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...