Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Self-striping yarn

That's what this hank is, though this picture makes it look muddled and dull:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I used yellow, orange and green rovings to make this hank. I spun two singles with more or less equal lengths of each color in the same sequence, then plied the singles together. It's not perfect, in some sections the colors overlap, and I think the best way to prevent this is by carefully measuring each length before changing colors. Or maybe I'll get better at splitting rovings and spinning them more evenly. Now I know why self-striping yarn is pricier than variegated yarn.

Keep sending me suggestions on what to knit with these colorful hanks. I'll keep on spinning so that the winner will have a few more hanks to choose from.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You are turning into eagger blogger. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...