Thursday, April 27, 2006

Another view

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


That's the same hank from last post. Winding it on the swift in spiral lets you see the color bands: orange, green and yellow.

Which made me think I should probably do the same with my first two hanks. Even if they are not self-striping, the colors show better:
 
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us         Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


And here's the latest self-striping hank I've spun, with bands in pink, orange, yellow and purple:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I'm still getting color overlap in some regions, but I'm improving. Also, the yarn is coming out less slubby.

I've received a few interesting suggestions about what to knit with these hanks. The contest is open until Sunday, so go ahead and suggest something. I'll send the winner any hank he or she chooses.

5 comments:

Diane said...

It all looks so lovely!

Diane said...

I did finish my mums purple Clapotis and i washed it in Stergene and very lightly blocked it...i think the picture was pre blocking ,i can't be sure but i know one thing for sure....mums over the moon with it! so i'm very pleased about that :0)

Stacie said...

You are so good at this dying stuff!!

Jennifer said...

Oooo, I like the one at the bottom.

Sandra said...

The last one is perfect! So yummy and adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...