Wednesday, April 12, 2006

More socks coming

When I get tired of a project I usually blame the color. Looking at the same color bores me after a while. But  in this case it's not only the color, it's the texture of the yarn that's killing me. So I put the baby cardigan aside and thought about what to knit next (the doggy rug is still in stand-by while I spin a little more). I was so happy about my flip-flop socks that I dedided to make another pair. I think I'm getting along with Cascade Fixation by now, and it should be a fast knit now that I'm acquainted with the broadripple pattern.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I realize that this is not a very different color choice compared to my last pair of socks. This is still within my usual blue-green spectrum. But at least there's a lot of yellow in this colorway. I'm planning to follow the same pattern with a few changes. I'll make the big toe a litte wider and I will use ribbing at the cuff instead of the broadripple garter stitch.

Now I need it to stop raining. Mind you, I love the rain, the sound of it and the smell of it. But you can't wear flip-flops with this weather.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I NEED for the rain to stop.



I like that fixation colorway. I agree. Once you get the hang of Fixation, it's nice to knit with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...