Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another toy


Now that I am being more productive with my spinning wheel, I got a swift from ebay:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Hopefully this will make my life easier when winding those hanks that I hang up to dry to set the twist. Not that I've been doing that lately. For the rug, I've been knitting directly from the wheel without setting the twist.

When I got the wheel most people in my family thought I was crazy (Why spin yarn when you can readily buy it at the store?) and I had a really tough time getting it to work. Later, I discovered that one of the spools must have belonged to another wheel. Reading all those spinning books I sometimes regretted my decision (they all tell you not to buy an antique wheel, especially if you're a beginner and you can't try it first). But I'm glad I didn't get an expensive brand wheel or a PVC Babe wheel. Mine is prettier than a Babe, and through patience and practice I've been able to make good use of it.

Do I recommend it to others? Why yes! You do save a lot of money, even though you have to pay for shipping. Just go to ebay.de and look for a "Spinnrad". You'll be surprised at the prices.

Here's another picture showing my second pair of flip-flop socks so far:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Of course, the baby cardigan is still in stand-by.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't tempt me with spinning wheel talk!

Stacie said...

That will definitely come in handy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...