Friday, April 07, 2006

My new toy

Oh, yes, I succumbed to the temptation. I was really enjoying my makeshift Turkish spindle, enough to make me buy the real thing. So I ordered one from The Bellwether.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The spindle came with a small cream-colored fiber sample, which I may use for the doggy rug. Speaking of which, it isn't growing much. That's because I'm spinning really thin singles (which takes a long time) and plying them Navajo style. I found these two instructional videos, one with a wheel and one with a spindle. Truth be told, my first attempts were so messy that I won't even make a picture, but they will in due course be incorporated into the rug.

At least my knitting was more succesful. Here's a picture of my finished socks:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I hope the weather improves, because even if it's warm enough for sandals, it's been raining a lot. I also managed to rescue the baby cardigan and completed both fronts.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

It helps that I'm not reading while I knit anymore. My husband finally submitted his dissertation: a total of 332 pages. Whew!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Ahhhh bless....your little pooch is soooo sweet! I love your funky socks and your doing well with the baby cardigan too!BTW whats pooches name???

Jennifer said...

Yay for your husband! That's quite an accomplishment.



Yay for your new Turkish Spindle. I'm still trying to master the top whorl spindle...

Sandra said...

Glad you find way out with boucle yarn! Looks good so far!

Stacie said...

That is a cool looking spindle

Maria said...

te lei en el taller de magdalena,, si el punto musgo, son todas las pasadas del mismo punto,, pueden ser todas de derecho o todas del reves, dan el mismo resultado depende de lo que se te facilite mas,, tambien le dicen,, punto bobo o santa clara,,, y musgo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...