Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm busy now...


This is the second time I read my husband's dissertation. It could be called the third time, because after reading it once and making some changes, I went back through all 270 pages to make sure all changes had been  made. And this is not counting the times he's asked me to read some parts or asked me a grammar question. This is the same dissertation my husband defended back in December 2004, when it was only 220 pages long and I thought it only needed a few "finishing touches". One whole chapter has been added, and each time anyone reads it it keeps growing. I call it the dissertation of Achilles and the Tortoise.

I try to knit a few rows of my sock once in a while, but the broad ripple pattern does not always allow me to read and knit.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


That's why a started a new project in simple stockinette. It's a baby cardigan for one of my friends, who is 18 weeks pregnant.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


But I was foolish and forgot how boucle yarn requires more knitting attention that regular yarn. I still need to look down once in a while. So of course I switched to another project: The doggy rug.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This new section is knitted using a two-ply yarn. Still lumpy, but it feels great to knit with your very own homespun yarn. ¿Can you see some white doggy hairs in it already? The pooch is lying down on it whenever he has a chance.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Doggy rag, ha! Lucky guy! Your hubby, too - you must be full with patience!

Can't wait for baby cardi to be finished - nice coloure!

Jennifer said...

Dissertations are like that. I edited my dad's about 6 times over 4 years before it was over.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...