Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rippit, rippit...

I sort of pretended it was not happening, even if after a few rounds it was obvious that the sleeve was way too big. Just look at it:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Of course I'm goint to rip it. There's no other choice. I kept telling myself that it only looked big  because I was holding all the stitches in one needle. I'm like that. I also discovered that what took me a week to spin could be knitted in a couple of hours. I was about to make a picture of the rug when someone decided he wanted to take a nap just then:



Well, excuse me doggy, this won't take long:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


That's better. I alternated one row of variegated yarn with one row of regular yarn, so I got a total of eight rows instad of four with color effects. It helped that I'm using a circular needle, that way I was able to alternate yarns without having to break the strands at the end of each row.


I will celebrate my onomastic a week from today, and it saddens me that my husband will not be with me. As a child, I used to resent that it was always cold on my birthday, and my friends weren't around anyway, so I was always more enthusiastic about my onomastic. Nowadays I just celebrate it by dining out, but I'll be alone this year. So what did the spouse do? He ordered me some flowers and arranged them to be delivered on my onomastic. Trust the flower people to deliver them more than one week early:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Now, wasn't that sweet?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a sweetie you have there. Very pretty flowers.

Sandra said...

Doesn't look too big to me!

We had that flowers way back in Montenegro! Really brings out memories!

Diane said...

Hi Pioggia!Thanks for the explanation about your lovely little poochies name...sorry i missed your post explaining it,i don't know how i missed that one :( Your Hydrangeas are beautiful, i have a lovely one in my garden but its not the pretty bluey/purple mine is plain old pink....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...