Friday, April 28, 2006

Transformation

From self striping yarn (top of the swift) to tweedy muddle:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I wanted succesive stripes of blue, pink and lilac, but my two singles were not identical and as I kept plying the colors kept mixing. Hey, but there are almost no slubs!

I need to come with a way to measure the length of each section of yarn so I can make an exact duplicate when spinning a second singles. Otherwise I'll have to switch back to Navajo plying which produces a thicker, three ply yarn.

The contest is still open and anyone can make a suggestion about what to knit with this handspun yarn. So far I've spun five hanks to choose from.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I still like it! And no slubs... impressive!

Sandra said...

All that spinning looks like SF to my!

Diane said...

You are soooo clever! I think it all looks splendid, i wouldn't have a clue where to begin...all of the colours blend so well together....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...