Monday, March 21, 2005

It's only a square

That's what I keep telling myself each time I have to untangle this mess. My design idea was a *simple* tree, but here I am struggling with five strands of yarn and I have not yet started the branches:






You'd think an afghan square is a very portable project that you can bring with you to work, but not when you have five balls of yarn that get tangled with each other and with your circular needle. This square will be knitted at home. I've still got time but I don't want any last minute rushes.



Thanks for the comments on my test colors. Apparently my chaotic husband has already chosen brick red and orange for his own pair of socks. He must have faith in me, because I have not finished the first pair of socks he requested. A 50 g skein is sitting in my microwave just now. I keep adding food coloring and I cannot get the same intensity the test strand had. If I were to do my tests again, I would weigh each strand and make a better calculation of the final amount of dye.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Hmmmm interesting. Will you be making more squares or will you send this one off to be combined with other squares?

Pioggia said...

This will be combined with other squares from other members of the department I work for, and the afghan will be raffled. The head of the department got us the yarn and we're all using these colors. There was also an off-white I chose not to use.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...