Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I finally ripped

It took some courage, but I ripped the last two rows of my afghan square and, you know? It wasn't as bad as I expected. I finished the inner square and started on the red seed stitch border. I took pictures but that will have to wait until tomorrow.



And now I really have to think about what to put on the branches. Heather suggested little birds, but no bird made out of this yarn is going to be little. (However, a crocheted bird is a good idea, I'll save that for something else later on). Kathy and Michele suggested apples, and Elaine suggested crocheted leaves. Now leaves would be OK, but I have to use red yarn. So apples it was. I tried paper apples, just to see how they'd look, but I hate to say, they looked silly. Apples are supposed to hang down from tree branches, and all my branches are pointing upwards.



Butterflies was one of my choices, but not anymore. This yarn is too chunky for butterflies. So what do you think about hearts? Is that too cheesy?

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Can you just do the butterflies in a thread instead of the yarn?

Tracy said...

My thoughts too Stacie, you beat me to it.

Amanda said...

I used #0000 on the bracelet. I used smaller beads (size 10 seed beads) for the second one, though, and I think I'll use #00000 (if I can find them) for the next one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...