Sunday, March 06, 2005

Catching up

After reading all Friday and getting many more doses of chocolate I picked up the blue thing and started again from row 70. I'm happy to say, it has armholes again and I'll soon start shaping the neckline:




Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us





By the way, when I say I read all Friday I really mean it. I started a book on Thrusday evening and by Friday evening I had finished it. That's the effect Mrs. Bujold's books have on me. I just cannot put them down!



I was reading some stuff about her on her site and I came upon this: 'Earlier in the summer I was looking at the box on my dresser of award nominations pins that had accumulated over the years, thinking "Thirteen tie tacks and no neckties. Deconstruct the subtext of this one, grrls..." '




I assume Science Fiction writers like to show off their nomination pins on their lapels or ties. But not her, of course. She instead asked a friend of hers to make a necklace with all those pins. You can take a look at the necklace here. Now, isn't that clever?

2 comments:

nasheikah said...

thanks for the tips on knitting for me .. so true , so so tru e.. i feel better now... lol !

Missy said...

The blue tank is looking great! I love spending a whole day reading too. I'm currently very absorbed in Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. It's fabulous. Oh, and I loved the link to the pin necklace! Very creative and looks amazing too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...