Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Brown and Green

Thanks for all the color suggestions! I already have vinegar and food coloring and will make some tests based on all those possibilities (I also like Heather's idea of using natural dyes, I'll try that later on). I am inclined to believe brown and green should be easy to acheive and will look good together, but I will not make a final decision until I can see how the colors turn out on my test strands.




I worked on the blue thing's neckline and finished the right side:





I also picked up my husband's second sock, which I had abandoned for a while. I had a small issue with that sock. I counted the same number of rows from toe to ankle and the color sequence was slightly off compared to the first sock. So I knitted two additional rows to make the stripes match. They look alike, but even if it is not noticeable, those two extra rows bother me.



This did not happen when I used my own mouthwash-kool-aid self striping yarn or when I used socka yarn, so I'm willing to blame the Lion Brand Magic Stripes. But I can't, because I knitted a previous pair with Magic Stripes and the socks matched perfectly. So I don't know what to think. Was it me, or was it the yarn?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Always blame it on the yarn! ;-) LOL

Melanie

jody said...

i feel LB Magic Stripes is fairly inconsistent, so it may not be your knitting to blame at all!

Term Papers said...

fairly inconsistent,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...