Thursday, March 24, 2005

Gnarly tree

I liked that description by Vaxgirl. It's getting even gnarlier:





Thank you for the encouragement. I plan on adding red somethings at the end of the branches. Flowers? Hearts? Butterflies? It'll have to be something easy to crochet and preferably small. That's leading me to choose flowers, but I will not crochet them until I finish the tree, so feel free to suggest other stuff.




I followed Kathy's advice and dipped that yarn again. It's now on my kitchen counter cooling down. I stopped zapping because I had to come to work, but it was looking much darker. Tomorrow I'll know for sure if I've acheived brick red this time.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am really impressed! Your tree is beautiful -- since I could barely manage a star in intarsia (is what you're doing intarsia?), I can't begin to imagine knitting a tree. What about little brightly colored birds in the branches?



What will you do with the reverse side where you've carried the yarn? Will you knit a back for your square, or do you have a better plan?

Kathy said...

I LOVE the tree! What about adding apples?



Glda you dipped the yarn again. Post a pic when it's dry. :)

Stacie said...

I'm impressed as usual :)

Lani said...

It looks great to me. I have never tried intarsia knitting. I am too chicken still. Tree looks great. :) Keep up the great work.

Missy said...

I love the tree! Especially the cables in the trunk. Great job on the dying too. What's it going to be in the end (besides a work of art)?

Michele said...

Hi Pioggia! I am a major tree girl (remember the tattoo?) and I think yours looks amazing from here! The apples idea gets my vote for red things at the ends of branches.



I didn't know you used to be a teacher! So you totally have pity for me and I appreciate that!



Hope you're having a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...