Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Does this resemble a tree?




I hope it does, because there's no going back. I had to rip a couple of rows and ended up with a huge tangle that took forever to clear out. I've decided to avoid any more ripping, so if I make any mistakes I'll just call them pattern adjustments and keep going. You know how the saying goes, that no war plan survives first contact with the enemy. This applies to knitting too (though I hesitate to call yarn an enemy). What looks good in paper may be a nightmare to knit, and a change of plan might be required.



My first batch of food-color yarn is drying now. The color is not very consistent and I'm considereing whether I should dip it again or not:






My husband says he likes it. He is very polite, but there's a difference between saying you like a color and actually wearing it. Would he wear this salmon pink when in reality he wanted brick red?

6 comments:

Tracy Goble said...

I can see a tree, you're doing it!

Kathy said...

Yes, it looks like a tree! I like it!



I hate to say it, but I'd dip that yarn again. It looks really pink to me. :(

Stacie said...

wow!!! Very cool!

VaxGirl said...

Yes, it looks like a very cool old gnarly tree!

Kit said...

I LOVE the tree. I can't wait to see more as you continue.

Elaine said...

Hi, first time visiter to your blog (from link on Fluffa).



Sure does look like a tree...I love the cabled trunk...when the time comes maybe crocheted leaves would be nice?



I love the the idea of calling 'mistakes', 'pattern adjustments'. Good attitude!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...