Thursday, December 30, 2004

Winter in Madrid

It's not supposed to snow in Madrid. Unless, of course, I come here to visit. It happened in 2001 and again this year. What really bothers me is not the cold weather, but the dry air. My lungs are used to North Carolina humidity. I have a bad cold and I'm staying indoors today, hoping to feel better by tomorrow so I can hit the streets again (there's tons of things to do in Madrid, and the food is wonderful). I'll be cautious anyway, since I'd hate to be coughing on my plane back to the US, and I'm sure other passengers would hate that too.



I finished the laptop case just in time for this trip. I'm not very happy with the results. Garter stitch stretches a lot and I was hoping for a close fitting case. I'm not posting pictures but I will later on. I have not bought any yarn yet. All I'm looking for is a furry yarn (remember the
fox?), and so far I have not found anything I like. Of course, I've only looked in a shop near my in-law's apartment, but I'm planning an excursion downtown later on.



I wish everyone a wonderful New Year's Eve, and may 2005 have a great beginning for everyone. Don't forget to donate to a worthy cause, particularly the tsunami victims, who need it most just now.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow! Madrid! I can't wait until my husband is working for an airline so that I can travel :) I haven't ever been outside the US. That needs to change! Have fun in Madrid. I hope you feel better.

Stacie said...

FELIZ ANO NUEVO!!!

Pioggia said...

Thank you! I'm much better now and I'm back at work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...