Saturday, December 04, 2004

The Frankenbag is growing

I like the earth tones, but it's a little dull. Maybe a green trimming later on?




What else have I been doing? Defiling art. Sorry. I could not resist the temptation. I hope no one finds this too pretentious:





This is one of my favorite paintings. It was partially destroyed by fire and later restored. So I figured I could play a little bit with it... After all, it's already been peppered up by someone else, right?

If you click on the image you can see the whole desecration... I mean, work of art... It's a large file, though. And if you click here, you can see the original.

3 comments:

mzundercover said...

pioggia,



thanks so much for reading my blog! i finally wrote a little bit about the pic i posted yesterday :-) sorry i neglected to do that! surf on over to read more about it! i enjoy reading your blog, too.



thanks again, and happy knitting...


Missy said...

That's just awsome what you did to the painting! Haha. I take it that it's now your face in the image? Pretty fun. I love art historical references to knitting and spinning.



Your Frankenbag looks interesting... are you inventing it as you go? I quite like the earth tones. Not too dull at all. Just a nice earthy kinda bag! ^_^ I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the bag works out.

Pioggia said...

Yes, that's my face at the spinning wheel. I added a link to the original file from artchive, so you can see it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...