Thursday, December 16, 2004

Please tell me I have her genes

I have not knitted much but I wanted to show some knitting content. My mother never ceases to amaze me. She knitted this Fair Isle sweater for my nephew:




And also a Fair Isle sweater for herself and a little cardigan for my niece:





And when I asked her where she'd found the patterns she replied: "Oh, I just made them up". She didn't even make charts. I mean, how can you knit Fair Isle without charts? It's not all Fair-Isle, though, a lot of it is duplicate stitches. But still, I'm very impressed.




By the way, she used cheap acrylic for the three sweaters. That tells me that I do have her genes, though maybe not the right ones.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Your mother has amazing talent. It's nice to see her work!

Heather said...

Wow-so she just made them up?! The sweaters are lovely, and such cute pictures of your niece and nephew. They are beautiful children!

Heather said...

OH yeah, you totally have her genes! You don't knit with patterns either, do you? And you are terribly inventive and thrifty. And everything you knit works and wears well.

nasheikah said...

moms! tell me about it ...!my mom is a master crochet diva !

Stacie said...

Now we see where you get all your creativity from. Very nice!

Pioggia said...

I still have a long way ahead of me if i really want to catch up with her, but thanks everyone for the nice comments.

marsha said...

WOW! I am totally so impressed with that. I was thinking of knitting a jacket for my sons and me with the same knitting yarn and pattern too! but the yarn that i get here are so totally expensive.



i am trying to find some cheap ones too. where do you get them? online at ebay?



marsha

marshamaung@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...