Thursday, December 02, 2004

Flowers in December




I'm so happy about my violet that I couldn't avoid posting a picture. See, when I first got this pretty plant I immedately overexposed it to sunlight and ruined a few leaves with water marks. But look at it now! Thank you Heather, for the beautiful plant and the great advice.



And now, some knitting content:





I started a new project with mystery yarn. When I first got it I planned on making a Frankenvest, but the texture is so rough that I thought it could only be used to make rugs. As you can see, I changed my mind again.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Nice photos! African Violets are my favourite house plants. I think I'll have to pop out and pick one up for myself to spruce up my little room here! Thanks for reminding me.

Heather said...

I'm so happy that your violet is well!! It is truly lovely, and looks like you might have multiples in that pot. Do you think?



Are you making a frankenbag? Are your hands holding up to the rough texture of the yarn?

Michele said...

Hi Pioggia!

You asked if I could knit and read. I can as I don't have to watch my knitting if I'm not doing anything but st. stitch. But I get frustrated trying to prop my book open and up so I can see it properly. Any suggestions?

Pioggia said...

A bookstand, maybe? Reading off your computer screen also helps. I recently read one of the Sci Fi books from Baen's free online library while working on the socks.



Heather, I believe it's a single violet, since all the flowers and leaves come from the center of the plant. And you guessed correctly, that's a Frankenbag in process.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...