Thursday, December 23, 2004

My Birthday

Yep, another year has come and gone. Let me see, what have I accomplished? I've read about 25 books, I got a better job (no commute, better pay, more fun), I've been twice to Spain and twice to Mexico, and once to Germany. I kept most of my plants and Bertoldino alive in spite of all those travels. My husband finished his PhD, I started this blog and I've knitted and crafted some nice stuff. I did not get to knit some projects I bought yarn for, Bertoldino's companions passed away and my Basil plants died out, but other than that, it was a good year.

So I set out to reward myself and visited five different yarn sources, hoping to find yarn for the fox of my dreams. Sadly, this is the worst time of the year to go shopping. Skeins are messy and unwound, different brands are mixed up, popular brands are out of stock or they only have one skein left of the few yarns that interest you. There's even one LYS that was already closed for the holidays. I should have known better. I never go shopping on my birthday, but I was in shopping mode, which doesn't happen very often. I didn't come back empty handed, though:







I bought the magic stripe lion brand yarn just to compare with the socka yarn. It is, of course, much cheaper, and since it requires slightly larger needles it should be faster to knit up, but the yarn content is basically the same and the concept is not that different. I've been enjoying the knitting in the round thing, so why not? I also bought some cascade fixtation for more socks later on. Oh, and some knitting toys too.



The laptop case is progresssing:





And so is the socka sock:






I will be packing tomorrow (note to self: finish that case soon) since we're going to Spain (yet again!) on Saturday. I wish you all a merry time in company of your loved ones, whether you celebrate Christmas or not. Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Good for you for treating yourself to some presents. . .stash-building is always a worthwhile undertaking. Have fun in Spain! Feliz Navidad y nos vemos.

Marta said...

Happy Birthday Pioggia!

And have wonderful, relaxing holidays!

VaxGirl said...

Happy Birthday! I love Magic Stripe. It's a great deal for the money; makes a little heftier sock, but still very nice.

Stacie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! December birthdays are so much fun! And enjoy Spain - gosh, I'm kind of envious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...