Monday, January 03, 2005

My new toy

Happy new year, everyone! I had two nice flights back home, without incidents, in spite of checking an extra large box covered with tape and tied with strings. Does anyone remember my September whim?




I was, of course, stopped at customs. Who wouldn't be, when you're carrying a suspiciously huge cardboard box? They x-rayed it to confirm that I wasn't lying about the contents and they let me through. I was very relieved, since opening the box, unpacking it and then re-packing it would not have been fun.




I had put it apart in Spain in order to transport it, but I unpacked it yesterday and put it together right away. I used some cotton string as a belt. That works all right for the bobbin but I might need a rubber belt because the flyer is slipping. I thought you could use a single belt with two loops on a double drive wheel, but I'm not sure anymore. I have a library book with me but it's not very helpful regarding belts. I also have this link but I need more specifics. Suggestions, anyone?


4 comments:

nasheikah said...

happy new year to yoo too. hope you have a year full of yarn , correct gauges , and finished projects !!!!!

jennair said...

just thought I would stop by - neat place

Missy said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Pioggia! I hope you had a great time in Madrid. I wish I could help you with the wheel, but I have no idea about those things. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it though! How fun! The vegan fox sounds awsome too. That's such a cute pattern.

Pioggia said...

Thank's for the nice wishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...