Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A little ranting

I have had eczema all my life and I'm currently undergoing my winter flare. The type of gloves I use at work are making things worse: the acrylic gloves (which aren't good enough for protection anyway) make me sweat, and the powdered latex gloves dry my skin. All I'm asking for is powder free latex gloves, and I don't want to go through occupational health to get them (I'd have to go out of town for that, it's complicated). It's bad enough that I am surrounded by doctors and nurses that tell me I might be developing a latex allergy (everyone here is paranoid about that). Excuse me, but this is just an irritation, my immune system is not yet involved. I stole one box of powder-free latex gloves from a different area in the hospital, I hope nobody minds and, more importantly, I hope it works.




I can still go on knitting since my fingers are not affected, just the back of my hands. However, I'm relieving the itch with a coal tar gunk that stains all fabrics, so I'd rather keep my yarn safe. Well, maybe I'll knit a little bit, right after washing my hands and before applying the ointment again. I finished the body of the frankenbag and decided that the greens I have clash with the earth tones, so I'm using one of the pale colors for trimming. I have yet to make straps.




I started a new pair of socks with my socka yarn. It's been three months since I got it, it's about time I do something with it.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Argh! I hope your hands heal up soon.

Michele said...

Ranting is definitely allowed - even encouraged! I, too, have skin problems that flare up at different times. I hope the ointment helps and you can get back to knitting very soon!

nasheikah said...

you might want to try raw shea butter for the eczema .. It's a moisturizer that grows on a tree in Africa .. used in lots of american products today . but raw she is best .


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...