Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You're a square, remember?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This afghan square kind of forgot that it was supposed to lie flat and look like a square. I believe it was trying to be a bowl. So I pinned it down and blocked it into what I hope looks like a good enough square to be included in the Rainbow of Heroes agfhan. One other square is already blocked, I just need to block one more and I'll be able to send in all three.

My flip-flop sock has a heel now:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I've been working with a student from Mexico. For now all she wants is to learn English so that's what I'll be helping her with. I was hoping to coax her into the GED program but she's not interested in it. Why come all this way to improve your way of life if you're not also willing to get an eduaction? That makes me think it's not a bad idea to study something myself. It's not like I'm too busy for that.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

This is a rebellious square!

Jennifer said...

Don't worry. You can block that square into submission.



Also don't worry that my needles will be bare. I will cast on for something as soon as my sockpal's socks are done (which will be tonight.)

Michele said...

Love the sock! But can I just say bravo to the studying something. I love to study and am really missing it living way up here. You do it for both of us, k?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...