Friday, March 10, 2006

Cashmerino and plying adventures


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


This lovely Debbie Bliss Cashmerino is what we're using this year for the Rainbow of Heroes Afghan.  I can't believe I'll be knitting with it (and without paying for it). I cast on for a blue and pink square and took it to my knitting group. I'm using slipped stitches, which look a lot like intarsia or fair isle but are much easier to work with.

I was also able to ply my singles (but not at the knitting group, there's no way I want to be seen in public with this hideous spindle). I started with the center pull ball. It was almost intact after removing it from the needles, and pulling out the rubber bands from the inside.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Plying was more or less easy. I had to keep the pull-out ball in my right hand at all times because as soon as I let go it would get tangled.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


And this is the final product, along with what's left of my humble spindle.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

What could I knit with it?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, I don't know, a small bag perhaps?



Cashmerino Aran is so nice. Have fun with it!

Diane said...

Oh i envy you knitting with the Cashmerino......i especially love the pink colour.....i've never done any spinning and it all looks very interesting....i don't understand how you do it but nevertheless i like looking at your pictures and like to see the outcome of the yarn :)

Louise said...

There's a sweater on Knitty.com called Tubey that I believe is made from Cashmerino Aran that I want to make. But the yarn is pretty expensive, but I love the sweater exactlly as the designer made it. I've either got to save my pennies or find a cheaper alternative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...