Friday, March 24, 2006

Someone likes his new wool


The black shetland wool for the doggy rug is here, and  the pooch took to it immediately.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I confess, I  don't like this shetland wool that much. My merino fiber is softer and easier to spin. This particular batch of shetland also has bits of vegetable matter, but that's not such a big issue. My problem actually is spinning evenly. My first yarn was too bulky to be plied, so I knitted the singles with seed stitch. I do hope to get thinner singles as I get more practice. They will all end up as part of the rug, which is really going to look weird, but at least I'll get to knit what I spin, regardless of the results.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


By the looks of it, the pooch will love the rug, no matter what.

4 comments:

Marlena said...

Aw! That first picture is SO CUTE! I think that the coarser and closer to raw a particular wool is, the more animals love it. I'm sure your pooch will enjoy many a nap on that rug. :)

Jennifer said...

Look at how happy he looks. So cute! Glad you are diving into knitting with Fixation. It does make a nice sock once you get the hang of it.

Sandra said...

Your pooch is lucky guy!!!!

Diane said...

Isn't your pooch lovely? Is it a little boy or girl? Whats his/her name?...:0) I know what you mean about the hairs getting tangled in with the yarn...call it artistic license :0) It adds to the individuality of you work :0) And of course pooch loves it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...