Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Two squares


I love the softness of that cashmerino aran. I wish I could personally thank whoever donated this yarn, because knitting with it is a great pleasure (not that I have any complaints about any donated yarn, last year's yarn was beautiful and soft, though not as soft as this one). I've completed two afghan squares and I'm planning on making a third with what is left. This wonderful yarn should not be wasted.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us              Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Those squares come from Katharina Buss "Big Book of Knitting". The pink and blue one is a slipped stitch pattern, the green and white is embossed knitting. Both look complicated but are actually very easy.

I've decided to knit a small rug for my pooch with my handspun yarn. He's the one person in my life that won't mind that my yarn is so uneven (heck, he's not even a person). But I don't want to use up all my merino fiber in this, so I'm ordering some cheap shetland to spin with. And I ordered it black, simply because I believe a black rug goes better with a white dog. Otherwise it might appear that I'm spinning my own dog's hair.


8 comments:

Heather said...

your squares are lovely! is this the same afghan that you did the tree square for several years ago (or was that last year)? btw, I finished Christopher's socks and though he finds them a tad itchy, he hasn't seemed to notice that one is slightly snugger than the other (whew!)

Sandra said...

Those squares look like they are from some magazine. Great work!!!!

Jennifer said...

The squares are gorgeous!

Kathy said...

I LOVE those squares! Very pretty.



A couple ladies in my knitting group spin their dog's hair. It always cracks me up!

Stacie said...

Those squares are awesome :)

Louise said...

Those squares are lovely! I just love Katharina Buss "Big Book of Knitting". It's one of my knitting 'bibles'. I also have some older book (from the '60s I think) that was given to me after my grandma died a few years.

Michele said...

Nice squares! I'm sure your puppy will love that he gets a blanket from your handspun! Lucky dog!

Pioggia said...

Yes, it is the same afghan for the Rainbow of Heroes event. I'm no longer in North Carolina but I can knit from afar and send in my contribution. Tell Christopher his socks will soften up after a few wash cycles. I don't know what you're using, but that worked with Lion Brand Magic Stripes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...