Thursday, March 09, 2006

My two conflicting sides


- I want a Turkish spindle.
- What for? You already have a spinning wheel.
- Yeah, but look at those singles. They're lumpy and ugly. I need more practice with a spindle.
- What's wrong with your dowel spindles?
- Nothing, but I want to learn how to ply and I believe it's going to be easier if I ply from a center pull ball.
- Someone's being lazy...
- And someone's being cheap...
- So let's be creative, shall we?




-That's an ugly spindle. Does it work?



-It does! Though I must admit it's not very balanced (unlike those neat interlocking wood pieces that work as a whorl in a Turkish spindle). Nothing a  couple of AOL cds cannot fix:



So there you have it. My cheap side and my lazy side have reached a compromise. Wish me luck with plying!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Good luck! No way you could find any kind of spindler here in Croatia!

Michele said...

Cheap + lazy = inventive! Nicely done! Let us know how it works!

Jennifer said...

I like it! I'm sending you good plying vibes, although my plying isn't so good either.

Kathy said...

How creative! Let us know how ti works!

Missy said...

Pretty inventive! Good luck! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...