Sunday, January 30, 2005

Turning the heel

It was hard! I've been having tiny holes next to the heel, I've ignored them before, but with this sock the decreases (I have to get rid of two stitches after the heel) and the ribbing pattern really make them stand out. So I tried to eliminate those holes. Picking stitches and later decreasing them is one way of doing it, but getting rid of four stitches is harder than getting rid of two. Plus there's many ways to pick up stitches, I tried two methods and disliked the results. On my third attempt I did not pick up stitches. Instead I made two extra heel rows with wraps on the first and last stitches I had left on stitch holders, and I picked up those wraps on my first row in the round. I'm very pleased:





I should have taken a picture of the heel, maybe I'll do that later. Now it's all 3-1 ribbing until I reach an ankle height that my husband finds satisfactory.



Today we received a piece of good news: We were trying to extend our stay in the US until August, and we just got e-mail confirmation that we're good until January 2006. Yikes! Do I really want to stay here that long? The important thing is that as soon as the piece of paper arrives, I can go ahead and extend my own employment authorization (which expires in April).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey! I'm glad to hear that you may be around a while longer than expected! Time soon for Barbarian Invasions!



Hasta pronto.

H

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...