Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Past the heel

I just turned the heel on the Magic Stripe sock. The bands on the toe are uneven compared to the rest of the sock. That's the only problem with the short-row toe.






I will start some 3 x 1 ribbing now, and I will cast off without using smaller ribbing. Which means I will not use the kitchener bindoff. I'm tired of it. I will probably use larger needles to cast off, and hope that's loose enough for a cuff.



My husband's sock will also have 3 x 1 ribbing, but I started the ribbing earlier, next to the toe. Of course, I'm not ribbing the bottom of the sock. I will have to get rid of two stitches once I turn the heel and start ribbing all around the sock. I'll figure that out later.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Looking good, Pioggia! And aren't you lucky to be able to knit at work!

Pioggia said...

Yes I am... though if things don't pickup I might be moved to a different hospital... which would mean a different schedule and not being able to walk to work.

Heather said...

Wonder why things are slowed down? Hmmm. Are there other vampires lurking in the wards? : )



Your socks are very inspiring -- and you are flying through them. Are they turning out to be wearable? Not slumping during the day around your ankle? Did you try the elastic experiment to assist them in staying up?

Pioggia said...

No, we are the only vampires allowed. We just have less patients, and we've been unlucky with the few that we've had.



The socks are quite wearable, and I soon forgot that one was tighter than the other. No elastic was necessary (so far) on this pair.



I'm not sure about the previous pair, it might need it, but I want to wait and see if there's some shrinking after washing (although superwash wool isn't supposed to shrink).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...