Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cast-off update

Yesterdeay's experiments seem to work and now I have a loose enough cast off. I ended up doing a single crochet stitch on every other stitch and that worked better that doing it on all knit stitches and skipping the purl stitches. I would have to wear the sock for a few hours and see if it stays up and if it does not leave marks on my leg before I give this method a thumbs-up or down.



I have a picture, of course:







You can tell that there's very little going on at my workplace lately. It's also kind of obvious that I've been cheating: Instead of knitting my husband's sock or doing household chores or errands, I've been working on this pair of socks at home.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for your awesome comments! They have made my day. btw, I love your socks. I wish I could find the LB Magic stripes around here.



Andrea

VaxGirl said...

A little late, but the wonderful Helen(of_troy) taught me this method to bind off socks:



Purl the first stich loosely.

Slip it back on the left hand needle.

Then loosely purl the first 2 stitches together. (one of these is the stitch that was slipped back on the LH needle).

Slip the purled stitch back onto the LH needle.

Purl the first 2 sts together.

and on and on.



You're always purling no matter what the pattern is. I hope this makes sense, I can't seem to find a better explanation of it.

Pioggia said...

That's a great explanation, actually. I'll try it soon. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...