Thursday, January 13, 2005

He's back!

My husband finally came back from Spain. I was getting lonely, it's great to have him back. Another good news is that I have my camera back and I'll be posting pictures soon. I've almost finished the second socka sock, and I've made great progress with the boring straps for the frankenbag. I also want to make a "before" picture for the ReKAL. I'm thinking of felting an old sweater. My only concern is that it's only 80% wool. Will that felt?



The Shadow Knitting book is fine, but all the patterns require very thin needles (2-3 mm). I think it should have included a pattern or two for those who prefer thicker needles. Of course, I love knitting with thin needles, my real problem is that the patterns call for yarns I cannot afford. But that happens to me all the time. You can visit the author's website, she has some good pdf files with free patterns and explanations.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

The free basket pattern is pretty neat.

Andrea said...

Depending on the other 20% will determine if it will felt or not. Did it work yet?

Pioggia said...

Hum, I cannot remember just now, but it was probably acrylic or another artificial fiber. I'm going to try it anyway and I'll post the results here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...