Saturday, January 15, 2005

Two knitalongs

You might have noticed that I joined two knitalongs that do not call for a specific yarn or pattern. For the
ReKAL, I'll attempt to felt the following sweater:




And for the sock it to me, I plan to finish my Socka socks:




I already had one sock finished when I joined the sockalong. Is that cheating? I have yarn for at least three other pairs: LionBrand Magic Stripes, Cascade Fixation and my own Kool Aid concoction, so I guess more socks are coming.



And I leave you with a picture from my last trip. What do Spaniards love to do whenever they visit their homeland? Carve a ham!






6 comments:

Inés said...

mmm...jamón! hace unos años pasé unos meses en Usa y fue totalmente imposible encontrar nada parecido a un jamón....se hizo muy largo, jeje.

Me encanta tu página y tus proyectos que demuestran que no hace falta gastarse un dineral en este apasionante hoby.

Muchos besos desde España

Pioggia said...

¡Gracias por tus comentarios!

A veces nos da síndrome de abstinencia, pero ya ves que bien nos tratan mis suegros cuando vamos a España: ¡nos compran una pierna entera!

froggy said...

cool idea for a a rekal project and great socks. love that yarn and height.

Michele said...

Hi Pioggia,



Love the look of that ham! And, no, having one sock already finished at sign up is not cheating in my books. Both socks, maybe.



You asked about the Lover's Mitten on my blog so I'm including the link to the pattern here.



www.gallentine.org/Knitting/loversmitten.html



It was a real hit with the recipients!



Have a great day and good luck with the felting project!

Heather said...

Pioggia,



I was wondering if you would mind identifying the LYS that you frequent. . .just out of curiousity. And that ham is humongous, how in the world did you get it back in the US?



I totally love your fox -- I'm inspired to try my hand at one. We'll see if the cold weather holds : )

Pioggia said...

Heather:

I shop at a lot of places. In order of preference: AC Moore, Joann, Michaels and Wal-mart. There are two LYS near us: Knit a Bit and Yarns etc. Both have really nice (and expensive) yarns. The people at Yarns etc. are helpful and kind.



Sadly, it's forbidden to bring pork products to the US. The picture was taken at my in-laws' place, in Madrid. Wasn't it nice of them to buy it when they knew we were coming?



Michele:



Thanks for the link, it's a very funny pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...