Monday, June 27, 2005

Weekend in Boston

I just returned from Boston, where I got to spend the weekend with two good friends. They're both postdocs, one in MIT, the other one in Harvard (Yeah, pretty impressive, but humble, down to earth good friends nevertheless). Both of them were kind enough to stay away from their labs during the weekend  in order to do some touristy stuff with me. Sadly, my own postdoc husband could not come with me. Gee, I'm glad I don't have a PhD. They all seem to work seven days per week. I had a great time and I'm very happy to see that my friends are doing what they love and that they live in such a nice place.


I started the ipod thing but I did not get much done:





I'm not worried, though, this should be a fast knit as long as I don't get distracted

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

My hubby just got an ipod as a "best man" gift from a friend of ours for his wedding. I told him I'll be knitting him an ipod cozy too. I'm not sure how he feels about it! :)

Stacie said...

An ipod cozy is a good idea :)

Andrea said...

Where did you get the ipod pattern? I've seen so many around. Just curious!

Tracy said...

It's good to have a little break isn't it, maybe next time you can spend time ALLtogether. I loved you comment about seafood for my shawl, you're priceless!

meriah said...

I know about the post-doc thing. My husband is on one two. He has come home after 10 pm 3 times in the last week. It is a good thing that I like some time by myself.

Pioggia said...

Andrea, I'm not following any particular pattern for the ipod cozy. I knitted a swatch, felted it, measured it and did a little math. I'm hoping it all works out and the suspense keeps me going.



Meriah, I don't understand why people choose do be post-docs. I'm grateful that my husband accepted that job in California. He's so used to working 60-70 hours per week that I'm afraid he'll get withdrawal symptoms if he goes to a regular 9-5, Mon-Fri job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...