Sunday, June 05, 2005

Knitting a yellow strap

Could this be any more boring? It's a garter stitch strap knitted with 2.5 mm needles (that's US #1). And it's yellow. Sigh. Have I mentioned before that I don't like yellow?






It is not by accident that my poor brain got on strike and stopped knitting. I had to use some pink yarn to jump-start it:






I had made a previous swatch with that yarn
, but it did not inspire me to knit anything. Part of it was that I was committed to other projects, but also that the stockinette-ribs swatch was uninteresting. I like this 1/2 basketweave much more. Also, I was using the recommended needle size but I believe I need a tighter fabric, I don't want
my bra showing underneath such a bright color. The yarn label says I should use 4.0 mm or 4.5 mm needles, but I'm going to use 3.5 mm.



I tried Google again with different blogs from blogdrive and got the same problem as before. Blogspot, blogcity and blogger blogs are still found easily by Google, so I'm guessing that it's a blogdrive problem and not a Google thing. Or is it?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the pink yarn and the pattern you're doing!



I'm with you: I'm not a fan of yellow. Not on walls, not on clothes, not on ANYTHING! Well, except the sun. :)

Stacie said...

I like that swatch. I wish I could wear that shade of pink but it doesn't look good on me at all.

Jennifer said...

I like the swatch. It's probably a good idea to go down a needle size to get a denser fabric. That color is glorious though!



I like yellow but not by itself. Yellow can be a very nice contrasting color!

Tracy said...

Yellow roses! You just have to make sure you use the right shade of yellow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...