Friday, June 03, 2005

Google and Blogdrive

I'm visiting my husband's office and using a public computer (hence no pictures). Since I don't have my list of links, I googled the Faery Crafty with the "I'm feeling lucky" thingy, and I got her blogshares information instead. Not feeling lucky anymore, I did a normal search but still, she was not on the first page of results either. Her web address is pretty easy and I should have just typed it, but my curiosity had been poked.



I tried to search for my own blog, the cheap knitter, and got an old entry from somebody else's blog (not bad, I think I'll be back and read more later on). From the blogdrive front page I got different blog titles and tried a random sample with Google's "I'm feeling lucky" button, with very bad results. In most cases, the blogs did not even appear on the first page of Google results. Apparently, Google is no longer finding blogdrive blogs as easily as before. No problem with blogger or blogspot. You don't believe me? Try it out yourselves.



As you can tell, I'm terribly bored with the loooooooong yellow garter strap I'm knitting for my bag and found something else to do. I don't like yellow much, but I think it looks cool with eggplant yarn.



And yes, it's a Friday night and my husband is still working. Such is life as a post-doc.

7 comments:

Stacie said...

Isn't that blogshares thing weird? When I first saw it I was like what the heck is this?! LOL How is my site worth "x amount" of dollars?? Then I figured out it was pretend haha.

Jennifer said...

Ok, I'm out of it... blogshares? What is that?

Missy said...

I just saw your adventure in cutting knitting! Wow. Very brave. I'm glad it worked out for you. ^_^ That's unusual about Google. Now I have to go check it out too. haha.

Pioggia said...

Missy, I got the same problem with your blog. I tell you, it's a blogdrive thing.



The blogshare game sounds like fun, but I don't have time for online games. If I did, I might try this one. I always wanted to put my money in the stock market, but virtual money seems to be safer.

MariLuz said...

I love to read all your knitting and no knitting stories but I wonder.... coud you write a sock pattern?



I'm a knitting beginner and would like to give it to my relatives at Christmas.



Thank you

Pioggia said...

MariLuz, I missed your message. Yes, I could write a sock pattern, but there's plenty of them in the internet:

http://www.wendyjohnson.net/blog/sockpattern.htm http://www.socknitters.com/toe-up/index.htm

Or did you want it in Spanish?

hastang said...

beautiful entry..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...