Thursday, June 16, 2005

Some bag progress


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usHere it is all in one piece: The sides and the bottom of the bag along with the shoulder strap. The only seam is on the bottom. By the way, the bottom has two different colors because, once more, I ran out of yarn. But the bottom of the bag is not its most visible part, so I'm not worried about that. Instead, it still bothers me that I ran out of the color I used for the sides. I will now start attaching the front and the back with yellow yarn and hope it looks good.



We're very happy about my husband's new job. It's in Silicon Valley, so Jennifer, I think I'll be close to where you are. He'll start working there the last week of August.



The move itself is not going to be much trouble. We're getting rid of all our furniture and shipping the rest, except for the few fragile items we own, which we'll bring in the car with us. That's right! we're driving all the way from North Carolina. Some say we're crazy, some say we're cheap. I say, at least that way I can bring some of my potted plants too!





8 comments:

Stacie said...

I don't think that is crazy at all. I'd do the same thing :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah, the silicon valley is about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. My husband used to work in Mountain View. Welcome!



I don't think it's crazy to drive. It should be a nice trip!

Diane said...

Sounds very interesting......do your own thing and i wouldn't want to leave all my plants behind either :) Good Luck with the move!

Heather said...

I think its fabulous that you'll be driving! Like you said, not only can you carry along the plants, but the trip itself is so interesting and fun. There's no better way to see the US than to drive. Unfortunately, the bit from NC past Arkansas is a bit boring, but there's always Graceland in the middle : ). I'm excited for you!

Michele said...

Congratulations on the new job and move! I move exactly the same way, only I rent a moving truck and drive it out myself - I don't recommend it! LOL!!



What a great way to see the country! Good luck!

VaxGirl said...

Road Trip! Be sure to see all the corny roadside attractions that you can.

Andrea said...

How long of a drive are you looking at? What a way to see the countryside!!

Pioggia said...

Oh, it's about fifty-something hours. My husband is having second thoughts already. Not me. Sadly, there would be no time to see corny roadside attractions, not even corny main attractions such as Graceland!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...