Friday, May 27, 2005

Surprises

Here's how the bag looks after knitting the first stripe plus a few rows into the second stripe:





What I find surprising is that the color gradation becomes very subtle. I know, the first stripe is very pale in comparison with the rest, but notice what happens next:





It seems that, with the exception of the first stripe, the color deepens gradually throughout the bag without visible striping. If that's the case, I'm thinking of getting rid of the very first stripe, which is too wide anyway. I think it will look much better.



I'm not making plans for the blue thing. I could fix the collar, I could frog it, I could make a nice pillow... but I've dedided not to decide anything about it until blue appeals to me again.



Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooo... I like the color graduations. You could make the paler stripe shorter, that would look nice as well

Michele said...

I love those colour changes. Hope it's working out better than the (dare I mention) "blue thing." Have a great weekend!

Pioggia said...

Thanks for the comments. I do intend to get rid of a couple of inches, though ripping from the wrong side is hellish, so I mignt (gasp) cut the yarn. In the meantime, the * thing * will be left untouched until I can tolerate that color again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...