Sunday, May 29, 2005

Design elements

This is how the colors are coming out in my bag. Please ignore the rolled up section, which will be eliminated.






I know it's hard to imagine what sort of bag I hope to produce, so I did a little search and borrowed the following image from this site:



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Isn't that a pretty bag? It's also a very expensive Prada handbag. Just the sort of bag I would love to buy if I had the money. Wait, if I had the money, I would probably spend it on yarn. Anyway, I like how it tapers up on the sides and how the corners are rounded in the bottom. I'm going to use crochet trimming in lieu of piping.

And how about the stripes? Well, in this other site I found a straw bag with the effect I was looking for:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I know, I have eclectic tastes.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I can't wait to see you make it happen. You should write down what you do so you can offer it as a pattern. You might make a little yarn money off of it :)

Jennifer said...

I love those two bags. I'm more of a backpack purse person these days with the children, but I love a good handbag. I'm looking forward to seeing the FO!

Andrea said...

That would look great. I love the colour graduations - it will be neat to see it all done up. I did see in a book that I have to put cross stitch canvas in your purse between the purse and the lining to give the purse some body. Maybe an idea to do if you're looking for it?

Pioggia said...

Stacie, I like the idea of making money off a pattern, but it's too early. This might stil turn into a disaster after felting. Andrea, thank you for the tip. I am hoping that felting will make it very rigid and lining will not be necessary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...