Friday, May 20, 2005

Seaming versus grafting

Thank you for the comments on my stupid blue thing. I was relieved to read that other knitters have had their frustrating moments too. I had a conversation with myself, in which my practical side convinced me to forget about the grafting and use a seam instead. After all, it's going to be on my nape and I usually have my hair down. Who's going to notice it?



Me. I won't see it, but I will know it's there. Other knitters may relate to the feeling of defeat one can feel after being unable to learn a new technique that appeared to be simple... I mean, how hard can it be to graft two knitted stripes, each with eight simple stitches?



On the other hand, Summer is here, I bought the yarn a year ago and I'm not buying any more yarn until I've used up other stuff in my stash.




So, I'm about to make a three needle bindoff and move on with the rest of my knitting. I'm sure I will not regret it.



Oh, and I'm going to join a knit along. One that does not require me to buy any yarn, since I still have plenty of murky kool-aid yarn from that purple attempt:








I'm making a striped bag with different shades of eggplant yarn. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What kind of felted bag are you going to make?



A three needle bind-off should look fine.

Stacie said...

I have yet to felt. I need to try that some time.

jody said...

i agree, i think a 3 needle bindoff will look fine. and since you're not allowing yourself to buy any more yarn until you're through everything you've got, you can't be wasting any time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...