Sunday, May 08, 2005

A finished pillow

I've been knitting like crazy trying to finish on time (the event took place yesterday). First, here's how the other square I knitted looked:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



I got a pillow insert and crocheted the two pieces together. Here are the two sides:






Notice a problem?



Yes, you can hardly see the hearts. The original square would have looked much better on the afghan, where it could lay flat. Nevertheless, the afghan was gorgeous and I'm glad to have supplied a consolation prize.



I wish I had had my camera with me, but I left early in the morning without any coffee to bring me to my senses. I spent most of the morning filling up helium balloons and left when the walk was over and the balloons were released, so I did not find out who won the raffle prizes. But it was a beautiful sunny day and it was nice to see how people can get together to raise funds for the families of the children that need treatment.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I still think that the pillow looks pretty darn good even though it is more difficult to see. Nice job!

Tracy said...

I bet if you just lay it a certain way it'll look fantastic. Well done anyway, I like it!

Missy said...

The pillow is gorgeous! I see what you mean about laying it flat though... but it's still lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...