Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Pencil case

Here's the knitted pencil case, with the successful attachment of an iron-on patch and a velcro closure.






I'm very glad it worked. I was afraid the patch would not stick, or that it would have a halo, or that it would stick to the old t-shirt I was using to protect my ironing board. I would not have minded frogging the flap and re-knitting it, but that iron-on was expensive.



This pencil case was knitted in the round and even though I got distracted and did not finish it earlier, it was a quick knit. I now want to knit a smaller case, but not in the round. I'm using my eggplant Kool-Aid yarn:






Those are 2.5 mm needles, so I'm grateful it's a very small project. I like knitting with thin needles, but not that thin.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

that turned out cute :)

Jane said...

It turned out nice. And to answer the question you left on my blog - the Felted Bag KAL is any pattern, any size. There are a number of links to patterns on the KAL page under Links.

Heather said...

Great pencil case! I especially like the rounded flap.

Jennifer said...

Very cute! Glad the iron-on worked out.

Michele said...

Extremely cool!!!

Nancy said...

Hi, Pioggia!

I love the pencil case.

I got your message. Don't worry, I'll make sure to swatch before I try my felting project! Thanks for the advise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...