Thursday, September 01, 2005

My babies are here

And so is the rest of my stuff. Most of it is still boxed but I unpacked my babies as soon as they got here. Here's the spinning wheel that had been "professionally packed":





They said they would pack it themselves because it was a fragile item. Well, where in this box does it say that there's a fragile spinning wheel inside? The box is too big and my baby was allowed to wobble inside with nothing to secure it in place but packing peanuts. I found a small crack on the mother-of-all. I have to test and see if the tension opens it up and if it's still functional, but I haven't had the time to put it together, because I was rescuing my other babies:




The violet lost all its flowers, or course. The begonya looks really bad, I'm not sure it's going to make it. I hope she does, she's been with me since 1998. Whatever happens I will be the only one to blame, since I packed them myself and was too cheap to pay for overnight delivery, so they spent a whole week without sunshine nor water.


I'm very grateful for all the nice wishes. I'll get back to reading other knitting blogs now that I have internet at home (although a chair and a desk would be nice, too). I do intend to keep working on my raglan, but instead of buying yarn, I'll make a donation to the Red Cross. It's not the right time to be selfish.


5 comments:

Heather said...

You have a knack with violets, so I feel confident that it will bounce back nicely. Hope you see some blooms soon. The packing situation with your spinning wheel sounds very disappointing - I hope it isn't broken. Can't wait to hear more stories of your settling in!

Stacie said...

I hope your plants survive the move. Glad you are getting all settled in :)

Jennifer said...

I'm sure you'll be able to save most if not all of your plants. They just need some rest and TLC. As far as your wheel, that is upsetting. I hope she's not broken.

Kathy said...

I'm sorry about your wheel. :( Hopefully it's nothing serious.



Glad you're getting settled. Moving is never fun.

Andrea said...

If your wheel is broken, I hope your movng insurance covers it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...