Monday, August 29, 2005

It's nice here

It's sunny and warm but not humid. At least not Carolina humid. And the people I've met are very nice too. I expected people from the suburbs of a big city to be grouchy, but that's not the case here. Or maybe I'm prejudiced because I come from a big city full of grouchy people.



We got a very sunny apartment which is still completely bare and without furniture. Furnishing it could give me something to do while I get a job, but I agreed to let my husband choose the furniture, since he's the one with good taste (after all, he married me). Our car got here today, which was earlier than we expected, but the rest of our stuff is still on its way. Ever tried cooking an entire meal using a non-stick griddle?



On the knitting front, I'm waiting for my WIPs to be here. I did remember to bring the pink raglan with me, but I lost the instructions somewhere, and now I need to rewrite them. I'm in the public library just now so I won't be posting pictures until I get DSL at home.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

You did it! It won't be long before everything arrives and you can get on with it. Checked out any local yarn stores yet? Go see, before you get so busy unpacking that you won't have a minute to spare.

Stacie said...

Glad to hear you are getting all settled in :)

jody said...

Oh good! Glad to hear you arrived safely. The apartment sounds lovely.

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you got here safely. I hope your stuff arrives soon. You'll feel even better once you've had a chance to settle in.

Heather said...

Glad that you made it and that you at least have a non-stick griddle. That is a bit tricky - loads of omelettes or something?

I like Tracy's idea of going yarn shopping! You deserve it after the headache of moving!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you made it safely. How does it feel to be in a new home?

Name said...

Yay! Glad you made it. Settle in, grab some coffee and starting making it home!

Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...