Monday, September 19, 2005

First, the good news

The replacements for my broken dishes are here, and none of them broke. Also, I'm happy to report that in spite of the dire prognosis, my begonya survived and is now starting to bud again. She must like it here. (Note to self: trim back all those dead stems, they look ugly).


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Unfortunately, there's also bad news. I had partially unwrapped a framed painting right after the move, and the glass seemed intact. Well, it was, except for a little corner.



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




Oh well, one more thing that will need to be fixed. I do remember thinking that the painting would look much better without the glass, do you think it's a good idea to get rid of it altogether? Another bad news is that I had to rip the first raglan sleeve. And the one after that. I sat down, measured and realized that I need to space my decreases even more than I expected. They will not match the decreases on the front and the back, but I don't want to fret about that because I want to finish that sweater soon. I added a few rows to the baby cardigan in between ripping and knitting the raglan.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



My elbow is not getting any better, but not any worse either. So that's a so-so news, I guess. I acknowledged it was time to go to the doctor. We signed up a week ago to our new insurance, but we had not received the cards yet, so I called their offices. The girl at the phone was unable to locate our records, which basically meant that we had no coverage with them, but when I checked the mail our cards were here. She had me really scared but I'm not mad because I guess it's hard to deal with hyphenated foreign names.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I hope you get your elbow all taken care of. It's no good to be in pain all the time.

Louise said...

What is your painting painted on? If it's canvas or masonite then getting rid of the glass would be fine. If it's paper I'd have the glass replaced.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...