Monday, September 12, 2005

This makes me sick

This bit of news makes me sick and angry. I'd read that story on some blog or another and I was hoping it would come out not to be true. Now I wish for that Louisiana police chief to end up working in a McDonalds right next to Michael Brown.


I've started the decreases on the front of the raglan:






Soon I'll be working on the sleeves. I'm already thinking about the next project (like I need another one). I did not buy yarn for it (I'm still on a yarn diet, remember?), this is yarn from my stash. The skeins got a little messy with the move, so I had to wind them again. I have a great yarn winder, which unfortunately must be attached to a table, and we don't have one. I tried the kitchen counter, but that didn't help. In the end, I ended up using a kitchen drawer, which I propped open with a plastic bottle.





We need some furniture badly but we're waiting for my arm to heal (hauling all these boxes sprained my elbow). Luckily, I can still knit, as long as I don't overdo it.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

My skein holder must also be attached to a table but the one I have has lovely curved edges that just don't do the trick, so the majority of winding gets done in my eldest son's bedroom where his desk is the perfect size. He's got lots of shelves too...could be good for yarn storage oh and the wardrobe ...wonder when he'll be old enough to leave home ;)

Jennifer said...

I hope your elbow heals soon!

Marlena said...

That news report is just sickening. The whole situation is so sad.



I love how your raglan is coming, and I love the ingenuity you used to get your ballwinder to work!

Melanie said...

hey. sorry about your arm. how's your wheel?



Mel

Louise said...

OMG, that is terrible. I can't believe how horrible human beings can be sometimes. It should be in human nature to reach out to each other in times of need. I'm sadden by this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...