Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Chugging along

This is my third attempt in making a sleeve, and it looks too big so there might be a fourth one:


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



I was luckier with the back of the baby cardigan:



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


But that's because following a pattern is easier than making things up as you go (I haven't dug out my green notebook). The pattern says I should bind off the shoulders. Experience tells me I should make a three needle bindoff and avoid ugly shoulder seams.


Louise was wondering about the nature of last post's painting. It's painted on silk.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Definitely use the three needle bind off. I don't like shoulder seams. Very cute little sweater!

jody said...

here's hoping 3rd time's a charm for that sleeve!

Stacie said...

I agree with the three needle bind off. I almost always use that.

Louise said...

About your painting, it should be fine without glass since it's painted on silk. I have a little inside knowledge as I used to be a picture framer. BTW I agree about the 3 needle bind off. I hate shoulder seams too.

Melanie said...

amen to 3 needle bind off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...