Thursday, September 08, 2005

A week already?

Unbelievable. You'd think that with me being unemployed I'd have more time to knit and blog about it. Instead, I've been unpacking, searching for furniture and applying to jobs. I'm happy to report that we do have a desk and a chair now:


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


And that the movers *ONLY* managed to break a few dishes (replacements are on their way) and a picture frame (which was too ugly anyway and I was planning to replace). The're also a crack on a glass lamp that's part of a set. It's cracked, but not broken. Let's count our blessings here.



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The belt tension seems not to open up the crack on my spinning wheel. The rovings are still packed somewhere so I cannot really tell if spinning will make a difference, but I suspect it won't. I still haven't found the instructions for the rest of my raglan. I wrote them down on a green notebook which I believe should be in any one of the boxes now functioning as either desk or chair. If it is, it won't get unpacked until we get a bookcase (hopefully by then we'll have a better desk).



In the meantime, I've decided to pick up the raglan and copy the back as best as I can, since that green notebook could be in limbo for a long while.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Moving is tough! Especially so when it's cross-country. Glad to see your slowly but surely digging out!

Louise said...

Remember looking for work is a full time job in itself. With moving and unpacking it's no wonder you are so busy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...