Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A tiny distraction

Making a list made me want to knit something not on the list (of course!). But hey, I needed a brake from the tight sock. I wanted to knit something with my homespun yarn, preferably something I could wear (my first batch ended up as potholders). I got inspiration from Becky, who recently knitted this, and here's the result:









My only regret is that the color is not as easy to combine with other colors. I also wish it were longer, but I ran out of yarn. Which means I'll get some money back from the buttons I will not use, and that always feels good. Overall, I like the results and I'm getting ready to go back to the tight sock.



Jane and Tracy kindly suggested using a needle several sizes larger. Thanks! I did try a bigger needle, but maybe not big enough. So here I go again, this time armed with a 4.5 dpn. I'll knit one or two more rounds first, because I find that this yarn gets fuzzy after too much ripping and re-knitting.

2 comments:

Michele said...

This is a seriously cute neck warmer! Nice work!

Heather said...

Wow! That must feel good to have used your very own homespun/dyed yarn to create something wearable. Looks great, and the color is cheerful for grey days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...