Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I hate that sock

4.5 mm cast-off and the thing's still too tight. I don't have any 5.0 or 5.5mm. Shall I go up to 6.0? Or try again with no tension on the yarn whatsoever? I don't know. I'll think it over.



In the meantime, I'm working on the ribbed thingy and I finally completed the back:










Yes, I have dyelot problems, but that's not going to stop me. The front is going to have something more than simple ribs. A while ago (October, 2003) I saw this in Digital Yarn. It saw the idea again recently (through Chic Knits, maybe?) and now I want to do it on the front. So, where's that calculator?

6 comments:

Stacie said...

You could just dye the whole thing once you are done. You are good at dyeing

Missy said...

The ribbed top looks great so far, and I like the cable idea. I can sypathize with your dye lot problem - I often don't pay enough attention to that. I really like the neckwarmer that you made form your own yarn! ^_^ Great job.

Amanda said...

This is the cast off I use for my toe up socks, and it works really well for me. It's the "aloha cast off" from Queen Kahuna's Crazy Toes and Heels book. I'll try to explain it.



First, get a crochet hook.

1. Enter the first stitch on your hook as if to knit, and pull the yarn through. Pull the stitch off the needle and onto your hook.

2. Repeat with second stitch on needle. You now have two stitches on your hook.

3. Now pull the yarn through both stitches on the hook; you have only one.

Repeat steps until end of sock.



Hope that makes sense and helps!


Pioggia said...

Not good enough to cover up the hue difference. I think I'll just leave things alone. The flash makes the difference stand out much more than my bare eye notices. Thank's for the crochet hook idea, another new thing to tryl

thuy said...

hi. i'm taking a quick stroll through the ring and i have to stop and let you know how much i like your blog's title! made me chuckle aloud. kudos!

froggy said...

your ribby looks great! the cable is a cool idea too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...